The goal is to create opportunities for wealth creation on households through promoting a culture of saving and micro borrowing, linking them to financial institutions for access to capital.
Specifically the objectives of the programme will be;
- To promote the formation of Star Parent Village Savings and Loan Associations
- To train Field agents to form and supervise activities of the groups
- To provide financial literacy to the formed groups
- To promote a culture of goal setting so that households achieve the following;
- Improved conditions of housing
- Access to solar energy
- Access to safe and clean water
- Access to safe hygiene facilities
- Promoting education of children in households
- Promoting the Star life card for saving for health and access to affordable health care.